The American Planning Association, California Chapter provides
the opportunity for anyone interested in California planning activities
to join as Chapter-Only member.
APA California is a nearly 5,000-member organization of planners from all sectors of the state. Chapter-Only membership provides a unique opportunity to interact with planners in your community and the state and utilize a number of benefits. Chapter-Only membership dues are $115.00 per year.Chapter-Only Benefits & Restrictions
As a Chapter-Only member, you will be entitled to:
• All Chapter and Section publications, including the California Planner.
• A discount at the annual APA California state conference.
• The opportunity to participate on the APA California Legislative Review Teams.
• Membership in the California Planning Foundation (CPF).
As a Chapter-Only member, you will not be entitled to:
• National APA publications.
• Other National APA services, such as legislative representation in Washington
• Group rates on insurance, and JobMart services.
• Eligibility as members of the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP).
• A discount at the National APA Conference.
Chapter-Only Online Application
To proceed with the Chapter Only Application, you must create a new account for this site or login if you have created an account before. The User Account you create will be tied to your Membership. For this reason you must be logged in to complete the membership application
Once you have logged in or created a new user account, please click on “Apply as a Chapter-Only Member” to complete your application.
Click here for a printable application.
Your dues are not tax deductible as a charitable contribution but may be considered as a business expense. However, 17.5% of the Chapter Only dues are allocated to Chapter lobbying costs and are not deductible as a business expense.
To apply for National and APA California membership, please fill out a member application at National APA. Once the National APA has approved your application, it will be forwarded to APA California.
If you have questions about APA California membership, please call our membership office at 916-773-0288 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.